Conveyancing | Buying a House | Buying Commercial Property
Buying a home for the first time can be a daunting process. In fact it can be stressful even for those who have bought sold properties many times. We at Francis & Torrens will ensure that from the initial step of signing of the Contract of Sale through to the final settlement, you are receiving the most professional and thorough conveyancing from our staff.
The process is as follows:
- Choose a property to buy, either through a Real Estate Agent or a privately
- Look over the Contract of Sale conditions and Section 32 Statement that relate to that property. We can assist with this review of documentation to ensure there are no hidden issues / to ensure the details contained in the Contract are fully understood
- Sign the Contract of Sale along with the vendor, and elect any special conditions to add to the Contract as required, to clarify precisely what is included in the sale
- Provide a copy of the signed Contract to your conveyancer (or the Estate Agent will do this)
- Francis & Torrens will contact you to confirm conveyancing fees and obtain any additional information required from you, the purchaser
- Francis & Torrens will review the Contract again and record important dates that apply including due dates for deposit monies to be paid, finance approval, special conditions and final settlement. A letter will be sent to the purchaser to confirm these details along with the amounts that will be due for Stamp Duty and Title registration
- Initial legal documentation is prepared on behalf of the purchaser and sent to you for signing
- Francis & Torrens will be in contact with your financial lender (if required), the conveyancer for the Vendor and the Estate Agent at all times, ensuring that the requirements for settlement are being satisfied
- Francis & Torrens will complete all relevant searches and enquiries applicable to this property
- Final settlement arrangements are made. A Statement of Adjustments will be prepared which includes council and water rates (and Owners Corporation if applicable) balance of conveyancing fees, monies provided by the purchaser/lender, stamp duty and title registration fees
- Final settlement will occur
- If you have not obtained finance for your purchase, Francis & Torrens will also attend to stamping and lodging your security documents
Please call us today to speak to one of our experienced staff members. We would be delighted to assist you with any queries you have and to provide quality service to you during your purchase.